Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Augustana


Augustana is an American rock band who are best known for their single Boston. Their second album entitled All the Stars and Boulevards was released September 6, 2005 and reached #1 on the Billboard Top Heatseekers chart and #96 on the Billboard Top 200 chart. The band's latest album was released on April 29, 2008 and was entitled Can't Love, Can't Hurt.

Dan Layus, the lead singer, says about their latest cd - "There's a lot of leaving," Dan says, of the album's many beginnings and endings, takeoffs and landings. "That's pretty much the theme of the record-looking for a home and not being able to find it, for a multitude of reasons. I was looking for a home in a person. Be it a real love or just one I had in my head. I wish that by the last song there was a conclusion but I'm still figuring it out myself."

Boston - This song talks about starting over. Boston is about the want for something new and something different from ordinary. There would come a time that we don't want the things happening in our lives anymore so we want something extraordinary, very different from our lifestyles. There we find contentment, BOSTON. Hope we will find our BOSTON soonest!

Sweet and Low - Basically, the song is about not giving up on love. Because, it's better to put your heart through pain and challenges and hopefully find love, than to not love and end up all alone! Yeah right!

"I said hell is so close, and heavens out of reach,
But I ain't giving up quite yet,
I've got too much to lose"


More than a Love Song - The song is sooo cool. It tells about two people who love each other in ways words cannot explain. Love is More than a Love Song!!

Just click the titles and Play or Dowload their newest album at Amazon! SiREN!

1 comment:

Jun said...

hi there..tq dropped by at my place..hmm, my doter sure love urs..heheh

Followers